Sharmila Damarapati, CPA
Sharmila Damarapati is a CPA who brings years of experience auditing and advising a wide array of clients across multiple sectors at DBS Partners.
She developed expertise in subjects that include divestitures and carve-outs, revenue recognition, accounting for debt restructuring, SEC reporting, accounting policy and technical research, period-end close, consolidations, external audit, Sarbanes-Oxley, US GAAP, IFRS, governmental, pushdown, and lease accounting as well as audit data analytics.
Before forming DBS Partners, Sharmila worked at Deloitte & Touche LLP serving clients in sectors such as mortgage banking, energy, real estate, investment funds, private equity, consumer products, life sciences, and speciality chemicals.
Sharmila’s accounting experience includes:
- Work on a $900M mergers and acquisitions transaction
- Restructure $25M debt transaction
- Assist a $50M company in valuation and develop proposals to potential clients
- Assist in carve-out of an entity from a speciality chemical company
- Audit several not-for-profit organizations, venture capital funds and mortgage banking companies
- Review internal control environment to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness
- Assist companies in converting financial statements from US GAAP to IFRS
- Prepare consolidated financial statements of entities located in the United States and overseas
Sharmila graduated Summa Cum Laude from Rutgers University with Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in accounting and was a recipient of the Departmental Award for Outstanding Achievement in Accounting, the Rutgers Academic Excellence Award, and the Roslyn Kuchin Scholarship. She is currently a member of the American Institute of CPAs and the New Jersey Society of CPAs.